Are you getting excited about your trip to Calgary for SDCCS2018? If you are arriving early, or have some free time during the Series, be sure to check out all you can do in and around Calgary. Just a few of the places and events you can check out include:
- Ziplining, Skyline Luge, and Bobsledding at the Canada Olympic Park
- Standing on the clear observations deck at the top of the Calgary Tower (walking distance from the dancing venue). They are turning 50 on June 30th, and celebrating with FREE ice cream from Foothills Creamery, music by BassBus, food trucks, face painting and much more!
- River rafting (or more like floating) down the Bow River (it runs right through Calgary!)
- Calgary Zoo, the only zoo complete with DINOSAURS and PANDAS.
- Telus Spark Science Centre, where you can let go and learn more about science, technology, engineering, art and math – kid and adult friendly!
- More fun things can be found in this article.
Sticking around a little longer? You MUST check out the Calgary Stampede, 6-15 July 2018 – The Greatest Outdoor Show on Earth! With every single type of food on a stick, or fried, you can imagine, fair rides, Grandstand performances every night with the most amazing fireworks, rodeo, chuck wagon races and more. It is an experience you can’t miss!
Want to travel a little further? The majestic Rocky Mountains are only 1-2 hours drive from Calgary.
Canmore, one of the most active towns in Canada, with shopping, patios, hiking, golf, and the Canmore Nordic Centre.
Banff, a small town filled with tons to do! Hiking, shopping, Gondolas up mountains, hot springs and more!
Also be sure to check out the SDCCS2018 daily social events.